Saturday, August 13, 2011

so you think you can dance winner | most latest news

Fresh off being named America's Favorite Dancer on Thursday night, So You Think You Can Dance season 8 winner Melanie Moore was still recovering from the shock of her victory that to many viewers had been a forgone conclusion since the beginning of the season.
Winning means the world to me. It is such a major steppingstone, and I have learned so much through this experience. I have so much more to learn, and I have decided that I want to go back to school for dance.”

The contemporary dancer from Marietta, Ga., collects $250,000, a cover of Dance Spirit magazine and a spot in a Gatorade ad.
Obviously the finale can't dwell entirely on the top 4, but we were surprised not to see Dee Caspary's contemporary get any love from the judges. It was one of the strongest collaborations between Melanie and Marko and one of our favorites from the entire season:

more detail about this news is this that,
Sasha and Kent Boyd – Wall Dance
Melanie and Marko – Hip-Hop ‘I Got You’
Tadd and Lauren Froderman – Another One Bites the Dust

Robert and Miranda – Break Ya Neck

Top 8 Circus Routine (Cat’s pick!)

Matt Flint winner of SYTYCD UK performs

Melanie and Neil Haskell – Total Eclipse of the Heart

Marko and Allison Holker – I Know It’s Over

Top 10 Girls – Geishas

But this season has belonged to the girls; or, more specifically, two girls, who have been neck-and-neck the whole time. Modern dancer Sasha Mallory, who originally auditioned with her heavyset but extremely capable sister Natalia, threw herself headlong into every routine she was given, owning every genre and commanding the stage like the second coming of Grace Jones. Perhaps the fiercest competitor the show has ever had, Sasha has shown vulnerability and humility at all the right times.
However, Moore admitted that she is generally unsure which avenues she will pursue in show business, adding: "I don't know. I feel like my dream has always been to get into a movie but as far as my experience, I'd be more suited for a company atmosphere. I don't even know, though, because I would love to do tour work.
Just Happy to Dance
One thing Moore doesn't want: fame to change her.

"I hope that it won't really affect me," she said. "And if it does, feel free to tell me, because I don't want to turn in to one of those people."

And even if Hollywood doesn't come knocking, Moore says she will be just fine, because "as long as I'm dancing, I'm happy."

No comments:

Post a Comment