Monday, August 15, 2011

problemsums New System Star Reward System

New System Star Reward System: Means one star for each question. Such system is liked by children and they are motivated through this system specially in Math.
After I had practised the SMO Junior questions and after my teacher asked us to complete the P5 thinkingMath@onSponge Conquer Problem Sums, I realised that something was wrong .
So, what exactly is the PROBLEM in problem sums?

To help you understand this academic task better, we are going to analyse and break down the steps and cognitive skills needed to excel in this section of the subject of Mathematics.
Even though sonshine boy can do multiplication, I wanted to make sure he truly, fully understand what it's all about. The best way, at least to me, is to give him a problem sum on multiplication to solve. Hence, I've been verbally throwing him a number of sums to solve. For instance, I'd ask him; if there are 3 fishballs in 1 stick and mummy buys 3 sticks, how many fishballs are there? Or I could ask if there are 9 sweets in 1 packet, mummy buys 4 packets how many sweets in all? Even though he can spew out the correct answers, I'd insist that he gives me the equation.
Much more than 30,000 students are using this Technique on Problemsums.com and its enhancing rapidly. With the Star Reward Technique, kids are motivated as they see their achievements as Hall of Fame on the internet site Problemsums.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment