Saturday, November 19, 2011

Thanksgiving Recipes

Thanksgiving may be the one day out of the year when even those without cooking skills still attempt to whip up a feast. I am overwhelmed. Holidays are overwhelming. I’m not even cooking a turkey dinner and I’m overwhelmed. If you’re anything like me, you have nothing planned, right?

Last night I had a little panic attack when I realized next Thursday is Thanksgiving. As usual Meakin’s advice is right on. “Don’t worry,” he said, “just rely on our old standards, which is what most people prefer for Thanksgiving anyway.”

Thanksgiving is just a few short days away. My turkey is sitting in the freezer and most of the rest of the ingredients I need for the big feast are sitting on a shelf in my pantry. Create a crowd-pleasing feast with top-rated Thanksgiving recipes for turkey, stuffing, side dishes, desserts and everything else you need to host your best Thanksgiving dinner yet from Alton, Bobby, Paula and more.

And so it is. We’ll have a traditional oven roasted turkey, a French cranberry sauce simmered in red wine that I’ve made for thirty years, a version of my mother’s Southern cornbread dressing, and baby English peas with butter and rosemary.

Dessert will be Bahamian sweet potato pie spiked with a healthy dash of dark rum for an island twist. Simple enough and easy to pull off. Besides, our favorite Thanksgiving food is really a turkey sandwich shared between the two of us before we turn off the lights in the kitchen and go to bed Thursday evening. Source http://mycarolinakitchen.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment