Sunday, June 12, 2011

Simi Garewal feels 23

Buzz has it that Simi Garewal is going to make a comeback on the small-screen with a new chat show titled ‘India's Most Desirable’ on Star World, where she will be seen interviewing the young and charismatic celebs.
She may be well over 60, but feels as young as 23! Veteran actress Simi Garewal is ready to quiz young and single celebrities like Ranbir Kapoor and Siddharth Mallya on her new show "India's Most Desirable" and says she is far from experiencing a generation gap.

"Genuinely, I feel I'm 23. What can I do about it? That's how I feel! I have never felt younger or older with anybody," Simi told IANS over phone from Mumbai.

The actress has interviewed actors like Anil Kapoor, Rishi Kapoor and liquor-baron Vijay Mallya on her earlier talk show "Rendezvous With Simi Garewal". But for her latest chat show, which goes on air starting Sunday, she has their children as her guests. But Simi isn't fretting!

"I have got very young people on my show earlier as well! On 'Rendezvous...', I had the new stars who were in the limelight... Hrithik Roshan, Abhishek Bachchan and everyone. So I never felt there was an age or generational factor and I don't think my guests feel that either," said the confident lady whose charisma can still make many new actresses look pale.
‘India's Most Desirable’ is different from 'Rendezvous'
Simi, who radiates glamour and charm, has promised that her show would be original and not a facsimile of any international show.

“Every element, every game and everything in the show were thought out in a way that is totally original,” said Simi.

Talking about ‘India's Most Desirable’, Simi stated that her new show is completely different from her earlier show ‘Rendezvous.’

"The show is completely different from 'Rendezvous'. The presentation, design and format are completely different. I felt a need for newness because nowadays many shows which are similar to 'Rendezvous' exist. So I thought it's time for a change,” stated Simi.

Simi, who has completed 10 episodes out of 15 for her new chat show, has pioneered a new concept of having interesting fragments in ‘India's Most Desirable’ by including a meeting section with the guest’s parents.

Apparently, the show will have a game section also.

Host of the show has to be experienced, says Simi
Simi, who has an experience of interviewing top guns in her earlier shows, revealed that she never faced any difficulty framing interesting questions for her new chat show.

"I don't have a problem in finding questions. They come like second nature to me. I have done interviews all my life. By god's grace and blessings, I didn't have a problem with questions at all. I can get a feel of the pulse of the people I interview and that makes my job easy,” stated Simi.

No comments:

Post a Comment