Monday, June 13, 2011

Father's Day Gifts: Gift Guide 2011

Bill Cosby once said, “Fatherhood is pretending the present you love most is soap-on-a-rope.” If you’re over the age of 5, or just tired of going the Old Spice route, take your inspiration from some of the staff at T. Here, they share what they’re getting for their fathers this year.


Drakes London suspenders
“When it comes to holiday gifts, my father and I have a little tradition,” says Chelsea Zalopany, features associate. “So this Father’s Day is no different. I will be making a charity donation in his name.” The charming suspenders? “My boyfriend’s father is a different story. He loves suits and everything that comes with them — cuff links, pocket squares — and these Drakes London suspenders will be a perfect addition to his summer suits.”


Hugo Boss orange socks
Rory Walsh-Miller, associate photo editor, is intent on celebrating her father with something kooky. “My dad will wear colorful, more interesting socks, and he’s not afraid to go a little crazy,” she says. “I always have fun picking them out. I like to do stripes for him.” What was her favorite Father’s Day? “My fondest memory is waking up and making my dad blueberry pancakes.”

Brooks Brothers chambray robe
Every dad deserves a break occasionally, and nothing provides more comfort that a lightweight robe. Edward Barsamian, fashion assistant, says, “On the weekends my father can be seen often wearing his robe. This Brooks Brothers version is perfect for him as it’s classic and understated, just like him.” The Barsamians are spending Father’s Day out of town. “We’ll be celebrating poolside this year at our house outside the city with drinks.”

Smythson leather notebook
For an old-school dad, a gift like an iPad or eBook reader can go unappreciated. Aurelie Pellissier, senior art director, is giving her technologically challenged pops something he can actually use. “This Smythson notebook would be great for my father, as he always writes his appointments down,” she says. And, on Father’s Day, she’ll be doing what most foreign transplants will be doing: “My parents live in France, so on Father’s Day I’ll be giving my father a call.”

No comments:

Post a Comment