Thursday, July 28, 2011

Travis Pastrana injured, putting NASCAR debut (latest news updates)

This was supposed to be Travis Pastrana's big weekend, "Pastranathon," where he'd pinball back and forth between the X-Games and his NASCAR Nationwide Series debut. And then, well, this happened:Initial reports indicated that Pastrana had broken both his tibia and his fibula, an injury that can take months to heal properly. But Pastrana himself later tweeted that the injury appeared centered on his foot: "I'm on my way to the hospital for x rays, something with my foot.Hey, man," the 9-year-old boy said to Pastrana. "I watch ‘Nitro Circus,’ and I can’t wait to see you start NASCAR."

Pastrana’s eyes widened. He’d never heard anyone mention "Nitro Circus," his daredevil reality show on MTV, and NASCAR in the same sentence.

"The demographics couldn’t be more different, and that’s kind of neat," Pastrana said, recalling the episode.He tweeted Thursday night that he’s “on my way to the hospital for x rays, something with my foot.”

Pastrana is scheduled to make his NASCAR Nationwide series debut on Saturday at Clermont, Ind. He was hurt while competing in the Moto X best trick event in Los Angeles.I feel like I can be safe. Whether or not we are competitive for the $5 million is a whole other question, but definitely working that out and seeing what is possible, what licensing I need to get, and I'd be an idiot not to go for it."

No comments:

Post a Comment