Saturday, July 23, 2011

Derrick Rose, other NBA stars win exhibition


Reigning MVP and former Rookie of the Year Derrick Rose of the Chicago Bulls is the eighth and last member of the stellar NBA cast playing Smart Gilas Pilipinas and a PBA selection in a dream two-game series on July 23 and 24 at the Araneta Coliseum.Being that close [to the NBA Finals], and not getting it, hurt,” Rose told Yahoo! Sports. “I just stayed inside the whole time. I didn’t go anywhere else. I wore pajamas, watched a lot of movies, drank Powerade and got delivery food.This has nothing to do with fantasy basketball. These rankings also don't measure players' potential or their career achievements. Instead, these rankings are meant to capture where players rank at this moment.Said Rose: “I just learned from last season where my conditioning wasn’t up to par at the end of the season. That’s what I’m working on this summer, getting my conditioning right. There was just fatigue. My body wore down. Just going through the rounds, the first time being there past the first round, it was hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment