Saturday, July 2, 2011

Max Talbot


This was Max Talbot(notes) after his fight with Daniel Carcillo during Game 6 of the 2009 Eastern

Conference quarterfinal. His shushing of the Philadelphia crowd and Penguins comeback soon after that

moment made him an even bigger "superstar" in Pittsburgh than he already was.

He's definitely one of those tough, bottom-six kind of forwards. Is he in the mold of Ian Laperriere? Yeah,

that's probably the easiest comparison to make if we had to do so.

Talbot's deal is worth $9 million, and he became the second former Penguin in one day to decide to play on

the other side of Pennsylvania.

However, Talbot cemented his place in Penguins lore by scoring the only two goals in Game 7 of the 2009

Stanley Cup Finals at Detroit, helping clinch the third title in franchise history.

In Pittsburgh I played a little bit of everywhere the last three years. When I played my best hockey when we

won the Cup, I was right wing on the second line. But I was center of the fourth line, the third line, I was left

wing on the third line. But I don’t want to glue myself anywhere. I want to have a great role, do what I can to

win, work every time I get on the ice, it’s about work ethic an to do my best to bring what I can to help win a
championship.

No comments:

Post a Comment